Where to buy decorative hinges? (Ireland)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yfs1

Established Member
Reaction score
I am just finishing up work on a nice piece of furniture (My first major project) and I wanted to get some small decorative wrought iron hinges for the doors. I went over to B&Q and the choice of hinges is limiting to say the least.

Can anyone tip me off on a great place to order hinges (and possibly handles) that ships to the Republic of Ireland?

I would love a local place (East Coast) but would order from anywhere if the quality and selection was there.

Try here.I usually go down there to pick up my orders. They're in Glenroe, you might bump into Miley :D
Neil

i had some trouble the other day looking for some finial hinges in satin chrome...this place was the only site i could find that had any.....next day delivery for uk mainland...
loads of all sorts of hinges
http://www.ironmongerydirect.co.uk/

looking into it unsure if they would ship Rep Irl so give them a call or email...

Nick

Paul,
I got the cyclone here. I arranged my own shipping with Bax Global after getting quoted silly money by them for UPS. Very happy with it.
The workshop has quite a bit more done now but i don't have a fast enough internet connection to update the pictures at the moment.
Neil

Lee Valley and Veritas in North America has one of the best catalogues of hardware I ever saw, but I don't know what shipping is like. depends on what the need is, but they've got what you want if you cannot source it here. Also, Whitechapel I've dealt with these two companies for twenty years and I can almost always get what I want If I cannot find it here in the UK. Also, the lower prices their will offset postage if I have time to wait.

Paul Sellers

In addition to both excellent places Paul mentions, in the US I have also dealt with Horton Brasses and Constantines.

I saved a bookmark a few years ago that I ran across. It's a UK supplier that I was told is good to do business with if their products fit the job. Never have ordered from them as there are sources for this type of hardware here in the US.

Architectural Ironmongery Ltd

Take care, Mike

Thanks for all the great suggestions so far. Had a quick browse and fired off a few emails about shipping rates.

Keep the list coming. If anyone knows a good shop in Dublin, I would take a drive in.

Cheers

Latest posts

Back