Where is everybody

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Only 2 posts since 7am this morning, did some people over dose on the pop last night :shock:

Tis the devils liquid :evil:

I wouldn't know - the nearest I got to drinking was a sustaining mug of cocoa. But then, it means I can hie me to the workshop and get started without having to wince in pain every time I switch on the thicknesser. 8)

I'm on the forum whilst the wife and 5 guests sleep it off upstairs. No, not together before someone says it :shock:

Happy new year to everyone.

Brad get in the shop, your lads will be back soon disturbing the peace :lol:

Senior,

Can't think of anything to say about handtools or the website so have given up on my bid for domination.

I wish I was in the shop today - SWMBO is expecting a new solid oak floor in the living room by tea-time!

She is, of course, expecting it to be done silently, without any dust, and without moving any furniture.

Oh, and new skirtings, door casings, and archs.

Talk about a busman's holiday!

Happy New Year

Brad

Brad Naylor":254cs1pk said:
Can't think of anything to say about handtools or the website so have given up on my bid for domination.
So why should that have stopped you from posting? It doesn't seem to deter........ Ok guys, only joking :wink:

Happy New Year

Scrit

Scrit":xjlo510t said:
Brad Naylor":xjlo510t said:
So why should that have stopped you from posting? It doesn't seem to deter........ Ok guys, only joking :wink:

Happy New Year

Scrit

Thats true, should have just said you had bought a new chisel and were wondering about sharpening it, that would have been a 3 pager in an hour. :lol:

I think this thread should be allowed to die as it was posted yesturday.

ok im a bit late coming in on this one
have noticed that its been very quiet for a few days
then again it always is if alfs not posting :roll: :shock:
thought id give it a rest for a while , as well

mel":3klu0zem said:
have noticed that its been very quiet for a few days
then again it always is if alfs not posting :roll: :shock:
Cheeky...

Funnily enough it was very busy over Christmas when I didn't post - two days off and I had 4 pages of new posts to wade through. Haven't people got homes to go to?! :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Actually, Alf, we're all waiting for the counter to fall over when you get to 10,000 - that and your fingers to drop off :shock: :wink: :lol:

Only two fingers will drop off - the rest are as-new and unused... I'm waiting for the book to open on when I'll hit 10000 and the resulting fun I could have by varying my rate of posting. :twisted: :lol:

Alf":tvdsqt1j said:
two days off and I had 4 pages of new posts to wade through. Alf

spare a thought for those of us (or was I the only one) who took a whole week off. I gave up trying to catch up in the end. Tis a real shame that the unread post marker disappears when one switches off for the night.

Andy

dedee":1ykfhmkw said:
Tis a real shame that the unread post marker disappears when one switches off for the night.
Ack, it's when it goes 'cos you get disconnected that throws me a loop on an almost daily basis. On bad days with the damp string I have to sign in and run to the "view unread messages" button before it has a chance to disconnect again or I lose the lot. ](*,) Wish it went on the basis of the posts you read, rather than the ones posted since you last logged on. :(

Cheers, Alf

Rumbled... Send us all your peanuts and we'll consider letting her go. Send us all your sunflower seeds as well and we'll keep her tied up... :wink:

Cheers, Alf (no really, it is me)

Now racked with guilt that she's "not meeting their needs". Must get them more intellectual books to chew...

Back