Whats the furthest yiur work has travelled.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amateur

Established Member
Reaction score
A friend of my wife's wanted a sign post making for her daughters wedding.
So I made one based on the old black and white road side signs, with four direction pointers a sturdy non blow over base. It could all be taken down and put into an estate car.
It had a box of numerals and letters that were changeable.
The wedding was in Aberdeen. Someone from Australia loved the sign finished in gloss white, so she took it to Australia for her wedding!!! Can you believe it?
Then shipped it back when they had finished with it...........

Difficult to beat that, unless you count New Zealand as further!
Furthest my stuff has gone(FROM Aberdeen too, as it happens) is a couple of restorations for a friend in the village who has now returned with the furniture to Washington State.

I've done pieces which have all stayed in the UK, although I have recently made a lot of Heathrow terminal 5's furniture, which although definitely in the UK is viewed by people from everywhere. ;-)

Sent from my D5503 using Tapatalk

California and the moon (but I might have made one of those up)

:wink:

Pete

I made a reproduction 15th century stool which ended up in the USA, where somebody was a little less than candid about its age and provenance!

I made a coffee table from a old blacksmiths bellows that went to Australia, four of the last batch of games tables are going to somewhere in Russia one already gone to California, loads of stuff in Massachusetts,Texas, I never get out of the workshop!!!!

Some of my work has gone to Canada, USA, Australia and New Zealand ...... not woodwork I hasten to add, but oil paintings, does this count ?

Back