What's ON Tv?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris Knight

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks to all who have answered my query on a gogglebox. Now the next question isn't a question really but rather a bit of a rant.

I see that BBC have dropped "Survivors" - well OK it had rather unbelievable, unpleasant people doing stuff but at least it wasn't Cooking, a Police chase, a House makeover, a Medical show, a """Reality""" show, a gormless X-factor thingy etc.

Every holiday we are taken back to the Middle Ages with repeats - I presume because the suits think they will garner more audience (Maybe they were better??). Is there no flaming FICTIONAL TV made today worth watching??

I emphasize fictional to differentiate my rant from wanting good documentary stuff of which quite a lot can be found here and there.

hence why I use DigiGuide to find the few gems whilst hiding the mass of dross :D

I'm just about to finish watching The Wire. Also enjoyed the Sopranos. Can't get excited about any of the other American imports, although I've got DigiGuide looking out for The West Wing as I understand that was good, and it's also looking out for Northern Exposure because I quite enjoyed that many moons ago.

I just don't turn it on any more if I'm on my own. There's just nothing that interests me.

I've not sat and watch the TV since Oct 25th. I've seen a few of the Masterclass on iPlayer, and watched a vid one evening with my mate Bob. That's it. The lounge is sort of out of bounds (or at least it is first come first served). I really don't miss it very much.

The only thing I'd like to watch and haven't is Dr Who End Of Time. The new ones are on iPlayer, but the EOT one is gone, unfortunately.

S

I hardly ever watch television any more. There are more and more chanels with more and more programmes but hardly any of it is worth watching. I think if I lived on my own I wouldn't bother with a television.

Give me the radio any day.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

I'm hoping that now Frost is finished DJ will be in something new and entertaining otherwise the answers no.

Well, two more episodes of Foyles War to look forward to. Then there is the new series of Wallander....not the execrable crying-detective UK version wit Branagh but the real McCoy from Sweden. OK...the current series is a 'based on' but still watchable and well acted.

Don't get me going about television!

I am currently living in b&b while we complete on a house purchase. Not a lot you can do in b&b of an evening that doesn't cost much. So what's on TV
b*****er all that's worth watching. So I'm mainly listening to repeats of Paul Temple and The Goons on Radio 7.

Chris

I watched that 'Bang Goes The Theory' last night. It's incredibly dumbed down. Almost a kids programme. But mildly interesting for half hour away from the laptop...

wizer":1b1du8aw said:
I just don't turn it on any more if I'm on my own. There's just nothing that interests me.

Between Dora the Explorer (little Miss), Ben 10 (Son) and countless soaps (Wifey) - I don't get a look in. Can't really say the last time I managed to sit down and watch something I wanted.

(mind you when I get a TV in the workshop that's a different story - along with a coach!)

Oh yes I'm well versed in Peppa Pig, Waybaloo, Postman Pat, Timmy Time :roll: :wink:

wizer":nphluqo4 said:
Oh yes I'm well versed in Peppa Pig, Waybaloo, Postman Pat, Timmy Time :roll: :wink:

Yeah and Postman Pat's got a mobile phone these days! Bloody hell - no real mobile phones are safe in the house now!

I thought "have I got news for you" was getting a bit jaded but last week ol Alan Coren's daughter was on it.
I think I'm in love!
She is pretty nice looking and had a great sense of humour hope they get her back!

Watched a fine documentary about Autistic kids the other evening

But as you say there not much on, the garden & workshop are keeping me busy so I don't really care

Latest posts

Back