What use is this Exakt Precision Saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use one often when cutting in situ laminate flooring. It's so easy to dial in the exact depth so not cut into underfloor.

Great for grooving to inlay banding into timber.

Taking up glued laminate flooring too, just run it through boards and take out complete sections at an easy manageable sizes. Some versions handle 18mm cut depth, but mine only 12mm

The ceramic cutting discs are great for sizing small bits off tiles, and for cutting recesses etc in times to.

Also for cutting channel in plaster and plaster board, just screws a batten to the board as a straight edge and run the Xacto saw against it, and makes light work if of it, repeat for next parallel cut, and tap out plaster, voila, an instant and straight channel for pipework, cables etc.

Great for cutting pipes, especially small copper, and all types of plastics too.

Don't use mine too often, but glad to own one for those type of jobs above.

Last edited:
The form factor looks good. How noisy is it? What’s the dust collection like? Does it work well for stopped cuts?

The form factor looks good. How noisy is it? What’s the dust collection like? Does it work well for stopped cuts?
The kit I have comes with a good hose attachment, making dust collection a breeze. It is loud, but so is most things spinning over 15,000 rpm.

I have the green one I think the model is 310. I have not had a chance to play with it at all yet and did not want to in case I was not going to keep it.

It seems to have come with a black stiff hose, which I don’t think is for water or dust extraction, but I have not actually looked at it properly so possibly I’m wrong. There are a couple of cutting wheels in the box, including an abrasive one which I assume is what you are talking about for tiles.

It sounds like the sort of tool that is handy but rarely used so might be the sort of thing that has to go in the loft.

I have the green one I think the model is 310. I have not had a chance to play with it at all yet and did not want to in case I was not going to keep it.

It seems to have come with a black stiff hose, which I don’t think is for water or dust extraction, but I have not actually looked at it properly so possibly I’m wrong. There are a couple of cutting wheels in the box, including an abrasive one which I assume is what you are talking about for tiles.

It sounds like the sort of tool that is handy but rarely used so might be the sort of thing that has to go in the loft.
That stiff hose is for dust extraction, one end has taper rubber adapter on it to fit in a vacuum hose.

I’ve had one for years. Not the easiest thing to hold when in use and it doesn’t get used that often but it does come into its own for a number of jobs. With the different blades it makes it very useful and cuts well and cleanly. Certainly hang on to it.

Mines the same, holding, pushing, press switch, its a killer on the thumb and wrist 😫😫

I’ve had one for years. Not the easiest thing to hold when in use and it doesn’t get used that often but it does come into its own for a number of jobs. With the different blades it makes it very useful and cuts well and cleanly. Certainly hang on to it.
I bought one about 15 years ago, & found it very awkward to use, especially with arthritis, &, prior to being diagnosed, carpal tunnel. The switch had to be held in the 'on' position, so I returned it for a full refund.

Back