What to do?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiler99

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a supply of parquet which i am in the process of cleaning up with the intention of laying in my hallway. It is looking as if i will have a fair supply over when finished so i was wondering if you had any ideas how they could be used. I was wondering if they could be used as pen blanks but they are only about 1/2 inch thick.
Overall measurements are 9" x 2 3/4" x 9/16
I have no idea what type of wood it is but its very close to some Cherry i have in the shed...oops, Sorry, Workshop

Dunno mate, i dont turn and wouldnt know if they were any good for that anyway.. Keep the ideas coming

How about using them for door fronts on cupboards.That's if you need a cupboard. :shock:
Thin them down a bit,glue them to a piece of ply,put a frame round and use them as panels to match your floor.
Paul.J.

Slice them as thinly as possible, stack them together and scroll cut simple patterns into the top. They'll make wonderful gifts as bookmarks and you could even sell them.

Gill

Gill":2d0647da said:
Slice them as thinly as possible, stack them together and scroll cut simple patterns into the top. They'll make wonderful gifts as bookmarks and you could even sell them.

Gill

That would mean buying a scroll saw then :roll:

do make interesting door panels, used it on a conversion of an old bar into a drinks cabinet, made new doors and used the parquet in the doors. if you remove the finish, and then kind of flood with oil you can get a really interesting designs. :lol:

paul :wink:

Once made a coffee table for a customer with blocks that were removed from her hall.
Constructed a five sided box from MDF(18mm) 3' by 3' by 15" the blocks were then glued onto all five sides in a herring bone pattern and it took a lot of cleaning up and head scratching to match sides and top.
I left a clearance of a quarter inch around the bottom and the whole thing looks as if it's floating it sits on an oak floor and looks great.
I voiced concerns about the wood not being able to move but the client was insistent.
Having visited this client on several occasions I still check it out every time.

Dom

Are we talking Parquet flooring ?

Using some of this stuff, I made a table similar to Dom's, and I have used the blocks for door panels too.

So there you have plenty ideas.

"The man who never made a mistake, is either fibbing, or never got found out!" 8)

:)

John

Back