What is the name of this?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Virana

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening all,

I am trying to figure out the name (And where to buy) the peg/hook like things that you often see on key racks for a home project.

If you have a look at this link it should give you an idea of what I'm after: http://www.mijmoj.co.uk/page.aspx?pr=967EEE81939D91732A46F64E27992F21E86CB5C0&pt=storage&lc=English

Ideally I'd like metal pegs that you screw into the wood rather than drilling holes and inserting 'dowels'

Anyone have any idea what to search for on google that will bring up this type of thing, I have tried "pegs, knobs, screws, key hooks" etc but just can't seem to find the right thing. :?

Tried that one, it just give's hooks rather than pegs, pegs also come's up with nothing :/

Yeah stand off's look quite promising, now just need to find a place that sells them.

Why not get a length of metal rod steel/brass/aluminum from the orange diy shed and a tap and die set and make your own.

acrylic rod is really easy to lathe, I've done short lengths just put in a drill chuck, (with drill clamped to bench) a good sharp chisel and away you go.

Acrylic rod is easy to get hold of too, round or square, just lathe a channel for an O ring and you're done.

There's other idea's but I'm keeping those :) seeing the prices of that thing.

Back