What do you most like making?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Making stuff for my 18-month old daughter. Makes me feel great every time she sits in her little chair, or uses her bookcase. SWMBO ribs me mercilessly each time she catches me looking all pleased with myself though!

D.

Hi Tony

The process I enjoy most, is taking the sawn piece of timber and planing it on the Jet jointer. I just get so much pleasure from seeing the grain appear.

Cheers
Neil

My wife say's making a mess. :shock: :lol:

For me my favorite thing is escape to my own world:

Solitude,
Silence,
Shavings,
Sharpening,
Success (at least in my achievements in avoiding house hold duties!),
Recognition; yeah OK, I know it doesn't begin with an "S" but who cares when the LOYL say's "Oh that i like!"

Dicky Mint

I most like making a mess in my little workshop! Why else do I decide to leave the floor covered in shavings for days on end! :wink:

Tools everywhere!!

Good idea for a topic though. I haven't really made enough to be entirely certain yet, but I did make a library chair last summer and seeing it take its shape as each and every stage was passed, I really thoroughly enjoyed seeing it come together. Infact, I'd love to make another one sometimes (to, err... correct some of the mishaps in the first one!).

Back