What did you buy yourself for Christmas ?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

christoph clark

Established Member
Reaction score
My list to santa from me to me is as follows:

Mini Ligno N Moisture Meter
Lumber Wizard Metal Detector
Fein Multimaster Top Complete Kit in Case

And an Oral B electric toothbrush
What did you buy?

Happy Christmas to you all... :D

Nothing :( Didn't even buy swmbo anything :( Mind you it's all in the plan :lol: She is free to buy absolutely anything she likes next week on a days shopping in Plymouth, which means......... :lol:

Well I hadn't planned on buying anything, but being here in this bed for the last week with the credit card in reach..... Well I had to buy a new saw blade because the old one lost in a battle with a washer. So really all I have bought myself is a book from taunton press. Which will probably turn up mid Jan :roll: I do have one or two magazines to thumb tho :D

Welll it's sad really in the face of all the glittery things that could be had...but I have opted for some F cramps that seem to come and go on offer at rutlands. The reason is someone has coerced me to make them a gun rack for some 1st world war guns and it has turned into a mammoth task which I am sure is going to require some fast moving glue up.

Alan

wizer":2hv30872 said:
Well I had to buy a new saw blade because the old one lost in a battle with a washer.

Wizer, Wizer, Wizer, HOW MANY TIMES have you been told young man:

a) NOT to clean your tools in domestic appliances!

b) Use a good hacksaw if you want to get rid of your old twin-tub!

Good bed fellows they do not make! :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mark

Well we had to buy a fridge and a freezer because our 6 month old fridge/freezer packed up again last week and we weren't sure if it could repaired until Jan :evil:

Did buy a set of Dovetail spigot jaws for my Axminster chuck yesterday to cheer me up :lol:

Dave

I'm sitting here with one eye on the computer the other looking through the window, waiting patiently for the delivery man to turn up with my Jet HDM mortiser that I ordered yesterday with overnight delivery from axminster :lol:

Seasons Greetings

Steve :)

wizer":3jv22moe said:
Well I hadn't planned on buying anything, but being here in this bed for the last week with the credit card in reach

Dunno if it's sympathy pains wizer but I must have caught it off you :( Yes it started last night and this morning I can hardly move :( I can't remember lifting anything or bending but I well and truly knackered again. :(

Bloody hell mate. I knew mine was coming and took a week off work to try to counteract the inevitable but it still got me. Strange (and bloody annoying at times) thing, the body. The Gabapentin didn't work for me so I've been given Diazepam! :(

Hope yours a is a quick turn around. This is the longest I've ever been bed bound and I'm going stir crazy.

Take care

i got myself dewalt biscuit cutter, bosch router palm 600, jet spinde (had it for two weeks now and have not had chance to put a plug on it yet)
and a jet 310 planner (planner is a recon got a bargain)
i was going to get a dust extractor but dont know which one yet
may have to be a new year pressie
i love the biscuit and jet planner have not used router yet

Seeing as I had been so busy on the lead up to Christmas, I thought i'd treat myself to a nice Milwaukee SDS cordless, complete with Fixtec chuck. Flippin brill (but at £300 it should be).

I see a few other Milwaukee products heading my way in the new year (as long as the work doesn't dry up!).

Cheers

Karl

I treated myself to a 0-25mm micrometer from toolstation for a tenner, I needed it to go with my warco mini lathe bought earlier :D :D

Rich.

I bought a 1x12" extension cab for the guitar amp-head swmbo has got me for xmas. Although I did buy the basato 4 last month so I guess I could count that.

Just ordered a 2700 rail for my Festool TS55 no more connecting up rails to rip 8 x 4 's yeah =D> :D

I thought I better get in quick before the price rise.
2700rail.jpg

I got myself a couple of forstner bits, some clear french polish and a fine brush made from ferret down or something to apply it with. Was carting it all into the garage with some other stuff in what can only be described as a lazy man's load and managed to drop the only breakable onject on the floor. So now I need some more french polish. And the tiles in the porch outside look lovely

Just came back from B&Q with a Triton orbital sander for £27 quid, bit of an impulse buy but I couldn't resist it.

There was Triton bits and bobs, the circular saw was about £57 (I think)and some sort of biscuit jointer attatchment and a 4 inch disc grinder for £20, which I resisted

Has anyone got one of these sanders as i'd like to know if there any good or have I wasted my money.

Thanks

From what I have heard they are good. I'd like to buy one myself.

phil p":1ak0gisc said:
Just came back from B&Q with a Triton orbital sander for £27 quid, bit of an impulse buy but I couldn't resist it.

There was Triton bits and bobs, the circular saw was about £57 (I think)and some sort of biscuit jointer attatchment and a 4 inch disc grinder for £20, which I resisted

Has anyone got one of these sanders as i'd like to know if there any good or have I wasted my money.

Thanks

Phil , i got one a few weeks ago and im very impressed with it , someone said i will use it all the time and they are right it has been out on my bench since i took it out of its box , great buy and well worth £27 :wink:

Back