What did we ge for Xmas 2014 then???

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2 marples socket chisels (shamrock), turning respirator very much needed as my snot was like glue after turning.., 2 bowl blanks cherry and ash,

Not a huge load of tools but just what the doctor ordered.

I did get myself a tite mark long gauge with the 4 set mortice blades, extension rods, scoring, marking and cutting blades, hex key and mortice blades :))

TT

Apart from my secret santa gifts, I got a no 7 plane. It was from Ray Iles and despite it technically being second hand, it looked like it had been hardly used. So I'm very happy with that. Sadly santa didn't come down the chimney and finish off the kitchen, but I am making strides on that front.

Got myself a screwfix titan impact driver.

built some raised beds, seemed to struggle with the long screws though compared to my 18v drill driver, with partial pilot hles, but may just have been that job as I expecteted it to put the screws in without fuss.

Lots of noise and went sloiw, but that may be how they work.

Need to test with otherwood and jobs, unfair to complain with one job..

Got plenty of other things, the was wood related...

morfa":sr67blww said:
Apart from my secret santa gifts, I got a no 7 plane. It was from Ray Iles and despite it technically being second hand, it looked like it had been hardly used. So I'm very happy with that. Sadly santa didn't come down the chimney and finish off the kitchen, but I am making strides on that front.

What did the 7 cost from Ray Illes? I'm looking at getting one from him this month hopefully. Otherwise my only thing this Christmas was "By Hand and Eye" a book from Lost Art Press - hope there's a few more bits in the sales though!

I got two tickets for the England vs Australia rugby World Cup at Twickenham next October. Really looking forward to it, always wanted to go to twickers, and this was a complete surprise from my dear wife. Class A tickets too.

Just starting out so christmas has really bolstered my workshop, collectively between family and friends I got:

Veritas dovetail saw and marking gauge
Axminster rider block plane, shoulder plane, jack plane and jointer
Assorted quick clamps
Combination squares
Lab Cabinet scrapers
Nerex Mortice chisel
Rasp and file set

Quite impressed with the planes, had resigned myself to needing to spend some time fettling as limited budget but all have square flat soles. The only work needed is the shop grease removing, polish the sole and deal with the iron.

matt_southward":2gzz5ue5 said:
morfa":2gzz5ue5 said:

What did the 7 cost from Ray Illes? I'm looking at getting one from him this month hopefully. Otherwise my only thing this Christmas was "By Hand and Eye" a book from Lost Art Press - hope there's a few more bits in the sales though!

I think it was about £90 + postage. It's in great condition and that's similar to the price you'd pay on ebay. Also the planes that Ray sells are always in excellent nick and ready to use basically. So I'd say that's a decent price.

Back