What blades can I use in my table saw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tset Tsyung

Reaction score
Hi all,

I recently purchased a second hand Table saw off of a friend as he was moving and couldn't take it with him. It was cutting funny (pushing wood to the side) so I've decided to replace the blade - it was slightly blunt on one side of teeth.

However I'm having trouble finding a replacement blade. The one it came with is a 210mm x 60T x 5/8" (15.75mm) BORE. Can I find one of these blade?!?!?! Nope. So my question is this. What alternative bore and toothed blades can I use? Do I only have to worry about the diameter of the blade?

Many thanks in advance.

Mike

Hi, You need to make sure you have the right blade diameter and the correct 'bore' size. The number of teeth depends on what you are doing, ripping or crosscutting. Contact Doug at Cutting Solutions, he will put you right.

The Bore size can be bigger if fitted with an appropriate sleeve/washer reducer to fit your shaft.
As said above your best bet is to contact a supplier like cutting solutions who will sort out a matching combination for you if at all possible. You will need to specify your normal expectations of wood type and normal use to get the appropriate tooth number and form for your needs.

When buying bkades with the larger diameter that need a sleeve, have the supplier pin the sleeve into the blade. This stops the shim becoming displaced when fitting the blade and potentially stopping the blade being tightened up properly. The result is rather exciting, I know from oersonally experience!!

Hey, thanks for the replies!

I've sent and email to Cutting Solutions and I'm looking into bushings as well.

Deema, forgive me as I'm a noob with table saws. What do you mean "That need a sleeve"? What is a sleeve?

Typical samples:-

http://www.axminster.co.uk/blade-reducing-bushes
810357_xl.jpg

I get the same problem on my kity saw bench.
The shaft is 5/8", or 15,75mm as you say.
In order to be able to buy budget saw blades, just for ripping, I got 210mm x 20mm bore and got a spacer made up that without inter fearing, fits in between the dished washers that clamp, and hold the saw tight.
So my spacer is 20mm O.Diameter to fit the saw blade, 15.25mm, Inside Diameter to fit the shaft, and 6mm long, between the washers, making the blade simple and easy to change.
There's a blade I bought for a tenner, called a stone and nail saw, as expected, saws through anything!
HTH Regards Rodders

If you get in touch with Atkinson Walker (0114 275 2121) and tell them your problem and bore size they will make you a blade for no more than one off the shelf would cost. They also do off the shelf blades with different bores.

Andy

60T on a 210mm blade is very fine indeed. It sounds like a laminate blade to me. It should give superb results on MFC, for example.

OTOH it is totally unsuitable for ripping, as the gullets are so small there is nowhere for the sawdust to go. So if you force it, the sawdust end up at the side of the blade, pushing the work off course. You don't want that, of course.

For a blade that diameter I would think that a blade with half that number of teeth would be more suitable for general work and fewer still if used only for ripping.

I, too, suggest you give Doug a shout. He supplies good blades at a fair price.

Back