What are these?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doingupthehouse

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I recently bought a Union Graduate lathe from my neighbour. There was a whole crate of accessories with it. I'm just wondering what these are? They fit the tool-rest holders. I'm guessing some kind of steady for boring perhaps?

I'm new to the spiny stuff, so not up to speed with all this. I would ask him, but he is unfortunately extremely unwell.

Cheers
Simon

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    226 KB · Views: 691
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    205.2 KB · Views: 691
The first looks like a drilling jig which fits in the banjo and guides a drill. The second looks like a long hole boring jig, useful when your tailstock is solid. Also fits in your banjo and is a hollow ring centre and drill guide.

Richard

Hi Richard,

Thanks for the reply. Seems to make sense, although the lathe does have a hollow tailstock.

Cheers
Simon

Useful if you make a dividing head for routing flutes along posts or spindles ,use in the banjo on the outboard side of the headstock.you can drill your holes in your large aluminium faceplate and make a corresponding peg to slot in the holes as you turn and rout your flutes.

Latest posts

Back