What a difference a blade makes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PeterSk

Established Member
Reaction score
So at the tail end of the Lambourn Bash, miles foisted a tiny little tabletop bandsaw onto me and I carted the thing away. I spent around two weeks trying to tune it but it refused to make decent cuts no matter what I did.

Disheartened, I went and had a look at some tablesaws, but then I read about Tuffsaws, so always being one to take a £10 route instead of a £150 route, I gave Ian a ring and ordered a new 3tpi 3/8" blade.

I received the blade today in the post, and was immediately struck by the quality. The extra four thou thickness really makes for a much sterner blade so it was hard work getting the thing over the wheels, however it's now fitted and the saw roughly tuned for it.

All I can say is I'm bowled over. This bandsaw has gone from being a useless waste of space to a fantastic tool. It's now cutting lumps of wood that brought the old blade to a standstill almost perfectly square, and I'm sure with a little more tweaking of the guides I'll get it all perfect.

So a huge thanks here to miles for the saw, and Ian at Tuffsaws for truly excellent service and an excellent blade.

You are not the first and you won't be the last to sing the praises of Ian at Tuffsaws. Even an entry-level saw properly tuned with a good blade will give perfectly decent results. I'm glad you are sorted.
S

I bought some blades off Ian way back in spring. Just managed to get around to fitting one. Wow - my little table top delta bandsaw is like a different machine.

At a risk of sounding repetitive...his blades are like putting a turbo on any saw...

...and one last thing...they go on and on and on...mine has been in a few months now and taken a beating and is still as good as the day I put it on.

They work out great value too as a result!

Jim

jimi43":lz2cnxci said:
At a risk of sounding repetitive...his blades are like putting a turbo on any saw...

...and one last thing...they go on and on and on...mine has been in a few months now and taken a beating and is still as good as the day I put it on.

They work out great value too as a result!

Jim

Yeah I'm ordering some for my Kity 613, which when i got it had a axcalibur inch blade on it - it cuts straightlines loverly but is pineapple all use for cutting circles - I'm shortly going to have some 3/8" 3tpi skip blades from Ian which will sort that out

PeterSk":2f367nnr said:
So at the tail end of the Lambourn Bash, miles foisted a tiny little tabletop bandsaw onto me .

when you want to upgrade from the baby bandsaw dont buy a table saw - tablesaws are great for cutting straightlines in flatworld carpentry but they are a dead loss for cutting out circles - a decent sized bandsaw is what you will eventually need[

Problem is I have enough of an interest in flatworld carpentry to make a tablesaw a sound investment. Doesn't mean I couldn't get a decent bandsaw too of course...

This week I've replaced an old Dragon saws blade with a new 2240mm x 5/8” SuperTuff Fastcut blade from Ian.

Even on my old RSBS12 bandsaw, I was able to produce a 2mm veneer off a piece of oak like it was slicing through butter, and the finish is fantastic.

It was more difficult to get the new blade on ( had to slacken tension right off, and then some) than to get the old one off, but Ian is aware of this point. Once it was on, it tensioned up a treat!

Top blade, top service, top bloke :lol:

Malc :D

Back