We've waited seven long years :)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lord Nibbo

Established Member
Reaction score
In 2000 our youngest son Jonathan got married to Wendy and as young couples do they tried for a family :) Then four years ago after a lot of heartache they tried three times with IVF, they even appeared on GMTV talking to Lorraine Kelly about the trail and tribulations about IVF. On the third occasion Wendy did get pregnant and everyone in the family was thrilled for them and no one was more happy for them than me :) Sadly though it wasn't to be for after three months Wendy miscarried :(

So they started thinking about adoption, it was a little over two years ago they started discussion and numerous meetings. After each meeting it seemed a hurdle had been cleared but many more were to follow. A week ago they got to the final hurdle and found out the adoption panel had given them the all clear to adopt. This week we learned that they are to adopt three little sisters. :D

I would like to introduce them to you....

Meet Katie, Laura and Natalie
1544807401_d8b184c266_o.jpg

Our new grandchildren :lol: \:D/ :eek:ccasion5:

We won't get to meet them though till after Christmas :(

Congratulations Grandad! How about that - one day no grandchildren the next 3! I was adopted at 6 weeks and so know a little of the difficulties surrounding adoption. I know that it isn't at all easy to adopt but I think, from the point of view of an adoptee the system is better now than it was 40+ years ago. I really hope that it all works out well both for your son and daughter-in-law and especially for the 3 beautiful little girls - you and Lady Nibbo must be chuffed!

Steve

promhandicam":32egdpm7 said:
Congratulations Grandad! How about that - one day no grandchildren the next 3! I was adopted at 6 weeks and so know a little of the difficulties surrounding adoption. I know that it isn't at all easy to adopt but I think, from the point of view of an adoptee the system is better now than it was 40+ years ago. I really hope that it all works out well both for your son and daughter-in-law and especially for the 3 beautiful little girls - you and Lady Nibbo must be chuffed!

Steve

We are well chuffed, we do already have a grandson with my other son, his name is James, he's 10 :) poor little s-d looks like me, what a thing to have to bear :lol:

Congrats your Lordship, what a grand day for a grandad, you've also missed out on the dirty nappies :D
My kids are too busy at Uni to even think about marriage & kids :(

Congratulations Johnathan, Wendy and LN - Kids are an amazement and a delight and you'll have a great time together and for the rest of your lives. Well done to all of you.

What wonderful news :) . Those three children will now have a family where everyone will truly appreciate each other. I love stories like this where the happiness continues to grow.

Gill

Smashing news L.N., give them all our best wishes, then get to making girlie things in the workshop, and not forgetting little James, he'll have to have something too. :D

Many Congratulations LN, and to Jonathan and Wendy

A friend is in India at the minute finalising an adoption with her Husband and it is all very exciting :D

Your Lordship - fabulous news =D>

....what's your line in dolls houses, I rekon you could do a few nice ones in ABW :lol: - Rob

Congratulation Nibbs. We have a family member going through the IVF mill and I know how soul destroying it can be. It is especially awkward seeing as we're just about to become parents.

All the best

How lovely to know that those 3 girls will grow up in a loving household and more importantly they stay together...Congratulations to all concerned.

Latest posts

Back