Well done Axminster

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alexf

Established Member
Reaction score
I do all my turning on a Perform CCL lathe and while I would love to have a newer and more substantial lathe, I would have great difficulty in justifying it to SWIMBO. Over the years I have replaced the split pulleys and bearings and I now have some problems with the tool rest banjo. I have been looking at possibly getting a new banjo made but before doing that I thought I would give Axminster a ring. I was put through to their after sales team and after explaining the symptoms decided that the problem was that the long rod going through the Banjo was excessivly worn. He loked it up and they had one in stock. The cost of this including postage was just over £6.00. I don't know any other company who would have as good a service for an obsolete piece of equipment.

One of the benefits of having an older generic design that has a host of clone variations still being marketed, much like the 9 X 20 or 7 X 18 metal turning lathes, the castings or copies thereof are or were turned out by the thousands in a multitude of places and found their way into various assembly centres to meet the specific spec. of a particular marketing label. Axminster still appear to be the best place to try for spares to patch up several of the clones regardless of marketing label as long as you don't mind the paint colour or are prepared for minor fettling.

Latest posts

Back