Quantcast

Weekend wonders....TATHS Journals

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

cam

Established Member
Reaction score
Last weekend while visitng Vancouver I happened across a couple of items. One is a Rapier # 11 Block plane ($5.00) that will clean up very nicely and the other the first 8 copies of the TATHS Journals ($65.00 or about 41 GBP) . I know that the plane is worth what I paid for it but what is a realistic value on the books? I have never seen another set like this. Are they common in GB or ?
Thanks
Cam

Tom K

Established Member
Reaction score
cam":2a7hohpi said:
Last weekend while visitng Vancouver I happened across a couple of items. One is a Rapier # 11 Block plane ($5.00) that will clean up very nicely and the other the first 8 copies of the TATHS Journals ($65.00 or about 41 GBP) . I know that the plane is worth what I paid for it but what is a realistic value on the books? I have never seen another set like this. Are they common in GB or ?
Thanks
Cam
Strange how some posts sit unanswered :? The TATHS has been mentioned several times recently. You can subscribe and certainly some forumites do but much of the material is made commercially available http://www.taths.org.uk/ a quick scan of the prices tells me you probably did O.K

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
The journals are not common items (as the membership is not huge). I've only seen a few on eBay. Anyone buying them is likely to be a fairly committed tool collector, so a fiver each would not be a deterrent and they could fetch more (especially if someone like Chris Schwarz was to give them a plug!) I think you did ok on both your purchases.

cam

Established Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys... I thought that having the first 8 copies in VG condition might be rare...someone has # 10 on Ebay for US $20...thanks for your replies
Cam

Latest posts