Weekend wonders....TATHS Journals

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cam

Established Member
Reaction score
Last weekend while visitng Vancouver I happened across a couple of items. One is a Rapier # 11 Block plane ($5.00) that will clean up very nicely and the other the first 8 copies of the TATHS Journals ($65.00 or about 41 GBP) . I know that the plane is worth what I paid for it but what is a realistic value on the books? I have never seen another set like this. Are they common in GB or ?
Thanks
Cam

cam":2a7hohpi said:
Last weekend while visitng Vancouver I happened across a couple of items. One is a Rapier # 11 Block plane ($5.00) that will clean up very nicely and the other the first 8 copies of the TATHS Journals ($65.00 or about 41 GBP) . I know that the plane is worth what I paid for it but what is a realistic value on the books? I have never seen another set like this. Are they common in GB or ?
Thanks
Cam

Strange how some posts sit unanswered :? The TATHS has been mentioned several times recently. You can subscribe and certainly some forumites do but much of the material is made commercially available http://www.taths.org.uk/ a quick scan of the prices tells me you probably did O.K

The journals are not common items (as the membership is not huge). I've only seen a few on eBay. Anyone buying them is likely to be a fairly committed tool collector, so a fiver each would not be a deterrent and they could fetch more (especially if someone like Chris Schwarz was to give them a plug!) I think you did ok on both your purchases.

Thanks guys... I thought that having the first 8 copies in VG condition might be rare...someone has # 10 on Ebay for US $20...thanks for your replies
Cam

Back