Wedding Fountain Pen

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveF

Established Member
Reaction score
Fake ivory

not that it looks like ivory

Steve

Attachments

• wedding pen.jpg
    wedding pen.jpg
    243.4 KB · Views: 1,015
Is that the vegetable ivory that I have seen mentioned?

not heard of vegetable ivory

will go and google it

this is an alternative acrylic ivory

Steve

Vegetable ivory is Tagua nut isn't it? Usually the nuts look just a bit too small for pen blanks.

I've had mixed success with polyester ivory, had some where the 'grain' of it was quite prevalent, and another bit where it was just plain white.

Looks good. Rollerball or fountain pen? Do you have a picture of it with the cap off? That would answer my first question too. :wink:

Pete

Inspector":133z1ww9 said:
Looks good. Rollerball or fountain pen? Do you have a picture of it with the cap off? That would answer my first question too. :wink:

Pete

does the title help :lol:
it will take a cartridge or refil adapter
i will take a photo tomorrow

Steve

That looks a mighty fine pen it certainly will do justice on the day stands out proud in a nice box .
Regards
Bill

Im trying to think of a more manly way to say it looks beautiful......... ;)

That is a nice pen, is it one of the empress pen kits?

I've done a few pens myself and one thing I would like to find is a white pen box to present wedding pens in. Does anyone know where I can buy good quality white pen boxes??

ardenwoodcraft":24sowenq said:
I've done a few pens myself and one thing I would like to find is a white pen box to present wedding pens in. Does anyone know where I can buy good quality white pen boxes??
Not designed necessarily for pens - CooksonGold do a white leatherette bracelet box which you might be able to 'adapt'. It's nominally 243 x 60 x 27mm and costs £2.63 + VAT + delivery (though sometimes FREEPOST is available for orders over £25). Their reference is 996 524W

I'm not knocking the skill it takes to make them, but I think pens like this are sooo tacky. I just can't imagine why anyone would like them. Each to their own, I suppose, but surely I'm not the only one to find them hideous?

Back