Website

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SL Hardwoods gives a suitability for nailing / gluing etc in a small bar chart next to each of the timbers it sells. I find this useful, but would like to see them side by side rather than only on the page of the timber it represents.

Steve.

CHJ":f2faxzjk said:
DomValente":f2faxzjk said:
CHJ":f2faxzjk said:
tim":f2faxzjk said:
There was a website mentioned on here recently that allowed various veneers to be compared but I'm damned if I can find it now!
Tim

Here by any chance?

It's the exotic-veneer company but the link is broken at the moment, may come back later.

Dom

http://www.wood-veneers.com/veneer_tones_l-1.htm

Works for me.

Chas

Thats not the same site. The one Dom and I are referring to allows you to put different veneers next to each other tp see what they look like together.

Cheers

Tim

My general feeling, when considering indoor furniture made from hardwoods, that the main choice to be made is one of aesthetics. I expect that most things could be made from most woods, some might be a little easier than others or better than other for a few specific aspects. Obviously, if it's going outdoors then the durability issue becomes more important.

Cheers,

Dod

Latest posts

Back