Web design.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MIGNAL

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm not much good at this stuff but I can manage with a relatively simple design editor.
I have a rather old and very outdated free awardspace site that is badly in need of a revamp. I think I did the site in frontpage but it's so long ago I can't remember! Another of my websites was done in Weebly, which looks much more professional.
Is it possible to design the site in weebly and upload it to Awardspace? or can I host it in Weebly and have all the traffic (not that there's much!) redirected. I don't want to lose the hits that I get via links on the web. It's currently a sub domain of awardspace. I don't mind losing the name (it's rubbish anyway) but I would still like to retain the traffic that it brings me.

Can't answer your questions, but I am also no good with this sort of stuff. However, I was recommended to the Wix site and managed to put my site together. It is very basic, but once you understand the instructions, it's not too bad
Alex

Redirecting from one web page or site to another is easily done. You can just edit the .htaccess file to that with a 301 redirect.

In theory, once you have the html files (or php or whatever) you can move them anywhere you like. In practice, if the page generation is tied to the hosting site by calling other modules outside your web page, it might not be quite so straightforward.

Did you find the solution? Isn't it better to choose a web design tool that comes with hosting?
Sometimes, it just doesn't seem worth it to tackle certain tasks on your own. Take, for instance, the complex world of web design and development. If you find yourself grappling with the intricacies of creating or enhancing a website, it might be worth exploring professional help. Consider taking a glance at dentalqore reviews, a company that boasts extensive experience in web design and development spanning many years.

Back