Wealden Table Saw Blade?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sawdust=manglitter

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm looking to get a new general purpose table saw blade for my Axminster AW12BSB2. I'll be after a blade which is the max capacity of my table saw, which is 315mm diameter with 30mm bore with around 48 teeth. I know people here seem to rate the Freud blades, but what are people's experience of the blades from Wealden tools?

https://www.wealdentool.com/acatalog/On ... e_289.html

I've got a Wealden blade on my saw (10", 48 teeth) and it's been great for the past year and a bit. The teeth have plenty of carbide and hold their edge well. I'm thinking of getting dedicated ripping and finishing blades as well and will probably get them from Wealden or Atkinson Walker as my machine needs a 5/8" bore blade and they are increasingly difficult to come by in regular shops.

Hello,

Wealden TS blades are excellent, and every bit as good as Freud. I would question a general purpose blade though. What are you going to cut at near your saws capacity? It suggests you might want to rip at neatly 4 inches??? Then get a rip blade. And what will you crosscut at that thickness probably nothing in reality.

If it is economy you want, don't try with a GP blade, you'll be disappointed with some cuts and the saw might struggle with others. Why not get 2 blades at 10 inches a rip and a crosscut, and economise that way, but without compromise.

Mike.

memzey":1439zyt6 said:
I've got a Wealden blade on my saw (10", 48 teeth) and it's been great for the past year and a bit. The teeth have plenty of carbide and hold their edge well. I'm thinking of getting dedicated ripping and finishing blades as well and will probably get them from Wealden or Atkinson Walker as my machine needs a 5/8" bore blade and they are increasingly difficult to come by in regular shops.

Thanks for the recommendation memzey. Seeing as you're wanting to get a dedicated ripping and finishing blade, would you say the general purpose blade isn't enough?

woodbrains":1439zyt6 said:
Hello,
Wealden TS blades are excellent, and every bit as good as Freud. I would question a general purpose blade though. What are you going to cut at near your saws capacity? It suggests you might want to rip at neatly 4 inches??? Then get a rip blade. And what will you crosscut at that thickness probably nothing in reality.

If it is economy you want, don't try with a GP blade, you'll be disappointed with some cuts and the saw might struggle with others. Why not get 2 blades at 10 inches a rip and a crosscut, and economise that way, but without compromise.

Mike.

Thanks Mike, never really thought of it that way. But at the same time, in terms of the capacity, as I used to say in my younger years it's like a condom, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! But will consider the multiple blades thing.

woodbrains":2dmks3mb said:
Hello,

Wealden TS blades are excellent, and every bit as good as Freud.
Mike.
I'd have to agree. When I had a table saw, I fitted a Wealden blade and it was the dogs danglies - Rob

Sawdust=manglitter":6w7oty07 said:
memzey":6w7oty07 said:

Thanks for the recommendation memzey. Seeing as you're wanting to get a dedicated ripping and finishing blade, would you say the general purpose blade isn't enough?

woodbrains":6w7oty07 said:
Hello,

Mike.

Thanks Mike, never really thought of it that way. But at the same time, in terms of the capacity, as I used to say in my younger years it's like a condom, it's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it! But will consider the multiple blades thing.
Hello mate.

The combination blade is very good but it is a compromise and I have some jobs for SWMBO that I can't afford to compromise on. She would like new doors and drawer fronts for the kitchen units from high gloss MDF and for cutting that I need a finishing blade which will give me a cleaner cut. I've also got a lot of oak and beech to rip and while the combination blade rips well, it does rip slowly. Having said that the Wealden blade has served me very well for over a year and it will no doubt continue to be found on my saw more often than not in future.

Back