Weald of Kent Craft Fair

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wizer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys

I took a drive out to the Weald of Kent Craft Fair at Penshurst Place (Sevenoaks, Kent) yesterday. I wasn't sure what to expect but was left at a loose end so thought i'd have a look in. When I got there I was pleased to find a Pole Turning demonstration.

pole_turning.jpg

Sorry about the image quality, it was taken on my phone. It was great to see this old craft in action. He very kindly turned me a garden dibber and charged me just £4 for it! Bargain!

There were lots of examples of very skilled woodworking related crafts, all at reasonable prices. I got lots of inspiration for future projects and even bought myself a cheap piece of brown oak burl.

It was a lovely day out and i'll look forward to the next one.

WiZeR":2vncxihf said:
It was great to see this old craft in action. He very kindly turned me a garden dibber and charged me just £4 for it! Bargain!
Hi Wizer,

I bought a dibber like that a few years ago from a similar bloke at a similar fair. Still use it. It's great to see what can be done on such low-tech machinery. Really cool 8) 8)

Paul

Latest posts

Back