Waxing thicknesser bed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrahamB

Established Member
Reaction score
Have read on a number of posts that you should wax the bed of your thicknesser to prevent stock sticking as it passes through. Liberon lubricating wax seems to be popular so I have got some of this to give it a go. My question is do I just apply and leave or do I need to polish off the excess - I'm concerned that any residue will affect the finish applied.

Thanks for your help

Graham

I do the same as Roy, wax the bed, put the tin away, look for the ear defenders. By the time I have found them the wax is ready to be buffed before using the machine.

That can be nasty stuff Derek. I was in charge of an injection moulding concern that started using silicon mould release agents. I was amazed to find that the surplus drifted well over fifty feet from the machines and of course prevented any surface finishing.

Roy.

If you must spray, then PTFE is better. Silicone in the shop is generally a bad idea (unless it's very attractively packaged and sold in BOGOF deals...)
S

Latest posts

Back