Washing machine woes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can't almost hear the sigh of relief you breathed Karl , wonder if you're in the wifes' good or bad books after that? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'd start saving your pennies now though so it doesn't catch you out next time.

Our previous machine was an indesit and I'm sure it was only about 5 when the motor packed in, wasn't worth repairing which is why we went to miele.

cheers

bob

If you do buy a Miele pay the £50 or so and get the home delivery/install from whoever you buy it from. They're made very, very well but that means they weigh a ton, well worth paying someone else to lift it for you

PeterSk":h769hhfj said:
If you do buy a Miele pay the £50 or so and get the home delivery/install from whoever you buy it from. They're made very, very well but that means they weigh a ton, well worth paying someone else to lift it for you

You'll find that on such highly priced white goods - most will deliver at that price if not for an extra tenner - was in our case.

Only thing to remember with them is that the drums are locked in place during transport with 2 long rods from the back. Take them out before fitting and there is provision on the back of the unit for storing them, just in case you decide to move and take it with you later on as the drum needs locking in place again. Be a tad bit hard if you'd binned them with the rest of the packaging.

We've hard ours now for 4 odd yrs now and never missed a beat & it is quieter than any I've heard. And whilst I didn't want to pay the almost £1k it cost, it's worth it just for zero headaches from Wifey and I'm not spending all evening in a launderette washing the kids clothes or doing 'em by hand - which lets face it when the m\c breaks down and Wifey accuses you of being a cheapskate - you're not going to have much choice. :wink:

Latest posts

Back