Wash you hands....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

La Truciolara

Established Member
Reaction score
I do not mean that you never doit, but you could enjoy doing it in a sink that you would have turned yourself.
The one below was exposed at the 4 days event ,“la Passion du Bois”, in Grenoble France, together with plenty of other turned art work.
Grenoble%2006.jpg

Paul.J":21ks8ami said:
That would be a good way to plug the hole if you come through the bottom :D

I did think about mentioning that but didn't want Pete to take it personally :lol:

oldsoke":1h8ruhje said:
Paul.J":1h8ruhje said:
That would be a good way to plug the hole if you come through the bottom :D

I did think about mentioning that but didn't want Pete to take it personally :lol:

I don't think they make plugs big enough for some of the holes I've had!! :cry: Got a lovely set of wooden hoops though, thinking of making them into a novel set of earings.

Pete

P.S. Haven't been through the bottom for a while anyway, got boring, latest craze is going through the side trying to get thin. Need to invest in one of those doublended caliper thingys...or perhaps start taking measurements :lol:

Bodrighy":29vu0vsv said:
P.S. Haven't been through the bottom for a while anyway, got boring, latest craze is going through the side trying to get thin. Need to invest in one of those doublended caliper thingys...or perhaps start taking measurements :lol:

No fancy gizmos needed Pete... just listen to the change in sound when cutting... after a while it'll tell you when you're getting near....to floating rings :wink:

oldsoke":2mcthely said:
No fancy gizmos needed Pete... just listen to the change in sound when cutting... after a while it'll tell you when you're getting near....to floating rings :wink:
Or needing a little reinforcing disc in the chucking recess DAMHINT :oops:

Bodrighy":2dks8ub0 said:
What finish would be used for such a thing, what is that waterproof?
Pete
In Italy I did not find anything convenient, so I took advantage of being in France to buy two different products, both working very well.
The first is called DIP ETANCHE
The second: SATURATEUR XYLOPROPYLENE

For anyone with aspirations of doing similar, I have a feeling that the stuff La Truciolara is using is probably epoxy based, so something like the West system epoxy or similar (as used in boatbuilding, available from Axmonster) would likely do the trick.

Dod

Latest posts

Back