Warning - eBay scam

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
There are currently five adverts for an Apple Powerbook and they are all fraudulent so be careful.

eBay is running so slowly I've lost the will to live trying to report this fraud to them.

Actually it might be worse than I thought. eBay pulled very quickly the five that I found but now there's a whole slew of them ...all supposedly coming from sellers with seriously good pedigree..as in 300+ positive feedback sales.

There are two explanations for this...either these 'expert sellers' have fallen foul to the eBay scam emails...."This is eBay, we've updated our system so please re-enter your password"....which I think is highly unlikely. Or it means that those bots that people have been warning us about have run up these huge false pedigrees....which means that just because someone has a huge positive pedigree is no guarantee that (a) they exist or (b) there are any goods.

Asking to pay by Western Union is also a bit of a giveaway for some of them although many take PayPal!

Back