WANTED: Wooden Chopping Board for Christmas Present

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tatcho

Established Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have seen my thread in the buying advice forum...this is what I've been reduced too!

Due to space constraints I am unable to purchase a P/T and don't have the ££££ available at the moment to buy the hand plane that I want (woe is me). That being the case, I was wondering if anybody on here would be able/willing to make a chopping board for me?

Below is what I would like in an ideal world, however if this is too complicated or expensive something more traditional would be fine.

Untitled-2.jpg

With regards to species of wood.....I was thinking Oak and something a bit lighter? I don't want it to be too contracting, a subtle difference is what I'm looking for.

Overall size would be approx 350mm x 500mm x 40mm thick

If anyone can help please get in touch either below or via PM.

Ta

Can't offer to make one, as there's an end-grain job needing attention in my workshop already!

Might be an idea to use something other than oak; the tannin in it could cause staining by reaction with any (?non-stainless?) knives. Elm and sycamore/maple looks quite good.

Hello

I make and sell kitchen and home wares which includes a range of chopping boards. I have them listed on amazon and other sites so it is something I can help with I think.

Oak is fine to use and I sell many oak boards.

Timber dependent I would say the design above at half a meter :eek: wide would be touching £50 + delivery.

Back