Wanted two medals

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwaithcoed

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Today 21st Sept. my wife and I celebrate our diamond wedding anniversary and I think we both deserve a medal.
There have been highs and lows as with all marriages but we worked through any problems that we had.
We as a family all went away to celebrate as it was a special year, my eldest daughter was 50, I was 80 my eldest Grandson was 17 and learning to drive and we had been married 60 years.
Would I change anything ? No. My wife is my best friend and soul mate. :D :D :D :D

Alan.

Did you (or somebody in the family) organise for a telegram from the queen.?

Mum (not with us anymore, had Alzheimer) asked "how did she know..?" we told her that the queen has a very large diary. She was happy with that explanation :wink:

My dad has his hung in pride of place :)

Congratulations.

gwaithcoed":x1kplm4i said:
There have been highs and lows as with all marriages but we worked through any problems that we had.

Congratulations well earned.

Sixty years! My little brain can't even contemplate that! That's an amazing achievement. Well done both of you.

Best wishes for many more years to come.

Martin

NikNak wrote [quoteDid you (or somebody in the family) organise for a telegram from the queen.?][/quote]

Yes, my youngest daughter organised it, very nice surprise.
Very happy, thank you for your kind comments

Alan

Several years ago I had the pleasure of working with a man who was very happily married. Never spent a night away from his wife in 40 odd years. He always said the secret was to never go to bed on an argument. The lads would occasionally tease him at work but in a nice way. There was always an element of respect and i reckon probably a measure of unspoken envy in the happiness he found. I used to think he was a very lucky man.
Congratulations to you and all your family. It'seems an incredible achievement really.
Best regards.
Chris

The fact that we had already celebrated our anniversary albeit a couple of weeks early with the family the actual day of the anniversary was going to be a normal Thursday. We went to our normal sequence dance, and thought for a surprise we would take bottles of wine so our fellow dancers could have a drink.
What a fantastic surprise we had. A cake had been organised and each of our fellow dancers had made sandwiches, cakes and nibbles so we were treated to the best surprise ever.
Obviously we had to lead the floor with the anniversary waltz, and quite honestly I was very emotional

Alan.

IMG_20170921_212706700_HDR.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170921_212706700_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20170921_212706700_HDR.jpg
    49.5 KB · Views: 719
gwaithcoed":32z015f4 said:
The fact that we had already celebrated our anniversary albeit a couple of weeks early with the family the actual day of the anniversary was going to be a normal Thursday. We went to our normal sequence dance, and thought for a surprise we would take bottles of wine so our fellow dancers could have a drink.
What a fantastic surprise we had. A cake had been organised and each of our fellow dancers had made sandwiches, cakes and nibbles so we were treated to the best surprise ever.
Obviously we had to lead the floor with the anniversary waltz, and quite honestly I was very emotional

Alan.

Aww I'm welling, up 60 years, what an acheivement - congratulations to you both. My Ex and I celebrated her Parents 50th anniversary some years ago and one of the things he said was to "make sure she had a warm bed" apparantly he used to go to bed before her, so he'd lie on her side to warm the bed up, then roll to his "cold" side when she came to bed. I thought that was lovely.

Latest posts

Back