wanted; old rusty tools please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great stuff Mike. :wink:

I'll have a rummage around and see what's laying about. How about some reading matter in addition to tools?

Absolutley! i bought some books the other week,''the new carpenter and joiner', 3 volumes in all, printed in '58, for a quid. they are brills, though you should see the size of a 'router' that one of them use. its the size of a dustbin!

where in the world are you?

mike-reid":1jbt7ix0 said:
the only thing i would like are some clamps, a spirit level and maybe a mitre saw (manual or electric) and a poket jig or biscuit jointer but i am not being picky or cheeky.

In addition to the bits I gave you last tuesday we do also have a manual mitre saw which is suplus to requirements - that would probably go in the post if i can work out how to take it to bits for posting.

plus there is almost certainly a short spirit level

clamps wise there was one head and tail of a sash cramp in that box i gave you - you can make your own bar - I do have another dirty great sash clamp you can have (which came to me from digit originally), plus I think we have some spare G clamps - however due to weight these will need to be collected so let me know if you are going to be down south.

I cant help re the biscuit jointer - but i would note that you can get biscuit cutters to fit in a router which might be a cheap option

(btw I dont really do pink drinks, so i gave the gin to the mother in law, but she says it was reet tasty)

mike-reid":2x2p2f3c said:
Absolutley! i bought some books the other week,''the new carpenter and joiner', 3 volumes in all, printed in '58, for a quid. they are brills, though you should see the size of a 'router' that one of them use. its the size of a dustbin!

where in the world are you?

I'm just south of Newcastle upon Tyne.

I'm sorry I can't help power tools-wise, but I'll have a good rummage through the shop this weekend and see what turns up in the form of hand tools and books.

Are there any hands tools you're lacking or in need of?

hi all
i forgot about that clamp pete, i am gonna make it up when i get in me thinks. glad you have some brownie points with the MIL, never a bad thing.

Gaz, i think i am almost there now with hand tools. i have enough to be able to modify by grinding, some of the chisels into dovetail type chisel, when i pick up a grinder. i am saving up for a sharpening system, not sure which yet. but if you have things that could be pressed into action with a little time n tlc, i would gladly help make some space for you!

Latest posts

Back