Walnut furniture

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

I'm sorry if i'm overdoing the posts in here but i'm new to the forum and just trying to show of my work. So excuse me if my posts seem excessive.
I posted this in a walnut topic in general section so I may as well post it here.

dscn0804wy3.jpg

It is a matching piece to the four poster in my avatar.

Very nice :D

And the more pictures the better - it's true,a picture is often worth a thousand words.
So keep posting,and keep making me jealous.. :mrgreen:

Andrew

Senior,
We all like to see the picturs of other's work so please post as many as you like!

That is a very handsome piece indeed, very nicely proportioned. How did you make the columns?

Hi Senior,

That's a nice piece of work. Some room for the books and in centre some for the lady. :mrgreen:

Which walnut is it? Or maybe I should ask for the finish? I like this silk shine. Please give us some more details. I know there are some lurking around here to take a closer look at the drawers too :roll:

Regards, Marc

WOW! that is really fantastic senior. I really love that style of furniture and would like to make something along those lines some day. Keep posting and keep up the good work mate, Youy are an inspiration.

Thanks for the comments, the finish is a 20% sheen 2 pak a/c lacquer, sprayed on.

The drawers are on slides, dovetailed with the fronts out of one piece so the grain runs through. Apart from the angled drawers which are on blum motions.

The middle lifts up to reveal a divided tray area for ladies make-up etc.

Theres also lighting incorporated in the unit, you can probably see the 4 nickel lights in the middle in front of the mirrors. Also theres uplights at the top of the unit and LED's below the desk. This is all on touch switches hooked up to the nickel bezals.

The columns are full turnings set in carriages, 90mmx90mm.

Total height 2900mm, worktop height 800mm

The doors and side panels are raised and field solid panels.

Hope this answers all the questions.

Senior

Senior

Please keep the pic's coming, its where I get my ideas from.

Have to say thats a really nice piece of furniture, I like it a lot, hope you're going to give us the construction details?

Back