Wall mounted condensing central heating boiler

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hanser

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
My daughter's boyfriend is going to leave his house unoccupied over the winter. I have advised total drain down of the water systems. The drain down of radiators etc is straightforward but is there anything that needs to be done to empty any residual water in the condensing boiler??
Your advice will be appreciated. I will not be able to acknowledge replies until late in the week so many thanks in advance.

Hi Marcos

The house is in redec and most rads are off the wall etc. hence the need for a total drain down.

Morning all

If you drain the central heating system does this not also drain the boiler?

Not always Waka. My boiler hangs on the garage wall. All the pipework runs under the upstairs floor with drops to the downstairs radiators (solid ground floor).

Draining the downstairs rad's will leave the boiler full of water, hence the MT cock(s) MM mentioned.

Cheers

Dave

Deejay":31d5eh2z said:
Morning all

If you drain the central heating system does this not also drain the boiler?

Not always Waka. My boiler hangs on the garage wall. All the pipework runs under the upstairs floor with drops to the downstairs radiators (solid ground floor).

Draining the downstairs rad's will leave the boiler full of water, hence the MT cock(s) MM mentioned.

Cheers

Dave

Dave

Thanks for the clarification.

Back