Wall cupboard next to a combi boiler

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MF1000

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
A bit of advice etc from those in the know ……how close to or what gap is required between a kitchen wall cupboard and the sude if a combi boiler ?

You should not have much heat coming out the sides of the boiler. On our previous house the boiler was housed inside a wall cupboard with about 30mm gap down the sides.

Colin

how close to or what gap is required between a kitchen wall cupboard and the sude if a combi boiler
You need to read the boiler installation manual because it is the maintenance aspect that must be satisfied and this is to allow easy cover removal and access, heat is not a problem but with some, ventilation can be so the manual is your reference.

Last edited:
Every boiler has different requirements for clearences from combustible surfaces and also clearences for servicing and maintenance. As above most combi,s don’t emit any large amounts of heat as it’s kept within the heat exchangers.. in addition don’t be tempted to box the flue in as this comes under the category of “ flues in voids “ and could lead to your boiler being classed as ‘at risk “ or worse “ immediately dangerous “ .. if you don’t hzvd the maker’s instructions then google the make and model to obtain …

Thanks everyone ….its a favour for a friend of my wife’s - relocating some kitchen cabs etc in a utility room. I’ll Google the boiler setup when I get to see it in situ etc

Thanks everyone ….its a favour for a friend of my wife’s - relocating some kitchen cabs etc in a utility room. I’ll Google the boiler setup when I get to see it in situ etc
Be aware of any pipes or cables that maybe buried in the walls when drilling any fixing brackets for cabinets ( apologies if teaching you to suck eggs )

Having recently had my boiler repaired (under guarantee, replacing clogged heat exchanger) I would reiterate the points made above about access. Technician had to take off sides and front of boiler and needed access from the sides so it might be best to make sides of cupboard easy to remove.

Back