Wagner universal paint system

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hog&bodge

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I know this is not a wood working tool but you can use it for finishes..lol
Wagner universal paint system W 599.
I wanted to know has anyone used one and what you found using it Plus or Minus...?
Thanks for reading this.

Funnily enough i used this exact system last week to spray chalk paint on some MRMDF. The finish is far from smooth (lots of texture) but I suspect thats more due to the paint used than the tooling (same paint from a rattle can is also quite textured).

I seriously doubt its good enough for a professional spray finish but it certainly "worked".

Thanks for telling me Rob.......I have an option to buy this product new at less than half price. I used to use my compressor but that just stopped working.
It was an old compressor used by an old dentist so it was years old..lol
I am looking to use this to spray walls and ceilings and for that I will need it to give a smooth finish.
think I will give it a pass.

Thanks for telling me Rob.......I have an option to buy this product new at less than half price. I used to use my compressor but that just stopped working.
It was an old compressor used by an old dentist so it was years old..lol
I am looking to use this to spray walls and ceilings and for that I will need it to give a smooth finish.
think I will give it a pass.
Id check other views too before passing it. I was quite happy with its performance for my needs as a DIYer. Like I said an aerosol can of the same paint also gave a textured finish so I strongly suspect its just a characteristic of the chalk paint (which Im not familiar with - it was a test really).

Perhaps someone else has a view on using it with conventional paints?

Back