wadkin infeed outfeed etc adjusting

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jo-53

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Any advice on how to adjust the infeed, outfeed, chip and pressure bars on wadkin 12x7? Can they be adjusted at all? It's been driving me nuts. I have just replaced the cutterblock with a replacement. All that supports the chip and pressure bars are pins that locate into the side of the blocks that holds the infeed and/or outfeed roller, these have no visible means of adjustment. The blocks themselves sit on solid collar type washers, again, no visible means of adjustment. the only change that i can make is increasing or decreasing the pressure by tightening the nuts on the bolts encased in springs which hold down the infeed outfeed rollers and pressure bars.

I hope I'm making sense to anyone who knows these machines. What's driving me nuts is the diagram in the manual showing the heights the above should be in relation to the cutting arc. HOW!

Thanks Jo

Aha, is that it, shims?
Yes, it's a BAOs. No there aren't any ...yet. Darn clever way to adjust heights though, just like the equally ingenious way of changing the motor by turning the machine upside down, Ha Ha (see relevent post)

Thanks

im not 100% ive never actually took the feed rollers out. but i would guess that there are washers between the block and casting which the sprung bolt holds the roller block down to.

Ive been using the same machine without fail (other than belts and new bearings recently) for 4+ years. upgrading soon though if you want to buy another one?
:D

There are no washers in the manual drawing for the cutter block assembly, and the part that looks like a collar between the mounting block and the frame is named "feed roller stop" ??

I'd love another machine, but as I now have 1 and 3/4 I'll decline thanks

Everything on how to adjust the pressure bars and rollers is in the manual on page 6
baos.jpg

wadkin will not let me give a direct link to the PDF but you will find the BAO manual here

http://www.daltonsmachines.com/downloads-old.html

jack

Thanks Jack.
This looks exactly like the page in my manual. I can't read the print on your attachment, but in mine there are no indications how to achieve fig 5.
Jo

jo-53":2ucws3x9 said:
Thanks Jack.
This looks exactly like the page in my manual. I can't read the print on your attachment, but in mine there are no indications how to achieve fig 5.
Jo

What did you change the cutter block too? Helical? Normally there is a bolt and lock nut under the roller and bars that sets there height off the bed. There is also the lock nuts on the springs to set pressure. Can you post a pic? It is possible that machine did not have height adjustment to rollers and bars b/c of the way the Knifes got set keeping the cutting circle the same at all times in relation to the rollers and bars.

EDIT it does look as if they are set at the factory and you will have to shim them to you new cutting circle. Do you have a dial?
post a pic
jack

The replacement cutter block was the same as the original, with 2 cutters. I have just spoken to a wadkin engineer who said that the infeed/outfeed, pressure bars are not adjustable, but set in the factory. So fig 5 in the manual is just a horrible tease, that I have just spent hours trying to achieve! I have put away my dial indicator and just altered the pressure on the springs on a trial and error basis and it is now working fine.
Thanks Jo

Latest posts

Back