wadkin bft planer bearings

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fobco

Established Member
Reaction score
hi fellow woodworkers,i am in need of your help,i have a 12"wadkin bft planer,the cutter head is noisy when working,and i can feel play,has any one ever replaced the bearings in on of these,is scrit still with us,i have not seen him post for a while,thanks frank.

Well, it's neither a machine I own, nor one I've worked on - but at some time there was Wadkin company website that made available scanned manuals for many Wadkin and Wadkin Bursgreen machines.

I can't find that website presently, but I have downloaded copies of most of the manuals it used to host. Among them are the 9" and 12" BFT manuals. The 12" one has no exploded drawings, but does list bearing part numbers, whilst the 9" version shows exploded drawings. I expect the 9" and 12" type BFTs were broadly similar machines so together they may be of use.

If you'd like copies, PM me your email address and I'll send them on [appx. 2MB in total].

All the best

Neil

hi neil,ive downloaded a manual from daltons website,but as you say the 12" has no exploded views,i,ve posted on the other wood site,trying to get the main man scrit to reply,many thanks for your help frank.

fobco":11xyd399 said:
hi neil,ive downloaded a manual from daltons website,but as you say the 12" has no exploded views,i,ve posted on the other wood site,trying to get the main man scrit to reply,many thanks for your help frank.

Dont hold your breath. I dont think he has posted on there since August Last year.

Jon

Latest posts

Back