Visor spray?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

henton49er

Established Member
Reaction score
I use a full face shield for all my turning supplemented by masks when sanding (in addition to air filtration and a dust extractor). The problem I find with the face shield is that it either attracts dust or more particularly mists up (especially at this time of year).

There are a multitude of anti-mist and anti-static sprays on the market, but which one is the best for keeping both dust and mist away for a days turning?

As someone that has ridden motorcycles all year round most of my life the solution is simple. Get some washing up liquid neat on a cloth then smear it over the visor one side at a time until it has a good coating. Get a fresh cloth and wipe it off and buff it up. No more misting up or static for a couple of weeks.

Thanks for the advice, guys.

I think I will start with the washing up liquid idea from Elapid, with some spray in reserve in case it does not work for me.

We don't use clothes dryer sheets, so it does not seem worth buying them just for the faceshield.

i would keep anything silicone based, or containing silicone well away from the garage. As discussed many times before, it can wreak havok with finishes.

Latest posts

Back