Vinyl junkie.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIGNAL":r26iywnq said:
You know the revival is complete, especially when a supermarket starts selling spinning platters. Pity they ain't doing a thermionic valve amp but I guess you can't have everything:
Valve versus solid state "discussions" are nearly as much fun as sharpening threads! :D

BugBear

I used to build both types. Valve amps used to suck more of my money. I stopped making either of them and amazingly became content with a £60 micro system bought from Tesco's! At least I started to listen to the actual music.
Bit like sharpening, you can get away with a stone that costs a few quid. :D

nope. every 10 years or so it comes back round, it'll be gone again in a year or so and you'll be able to pick up lots of stuff dirt cheap.

I was in cardiff monday week and I saw in a music store one of those awful deck + tapes + cd combo's. All horrible silver plastic with flimsy deck and 3 watt speakers - the kind of thing that looked like the last of the dregs made at the end of the vinyl era, the first one :) I wouldn't be at all surprised if they had been sitting languishing in a warehouse somewhere for the last 20 years, just waiting for thier moment to arrive.

Pricetag?

£200. ON SALE.

Record decks only with built in speakers in HMV, £300.

Crazy, a few years ago charity shops couldn't even sell them. A friend of mine picked up what he told me was a very high spec (in it's day) player for a fiver from a charity shop maybe 5 years ago, he bought it because he had been given a few old records and wanted to make a copy of the music. Give it another few years and these record players will be back in the charity shops again.

Back