Vibration !!!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musomaniac

Established Member
Reaction score
I've just come to notice , that my hegner multicut one has a LOT of vibration , is this normal for these machines ?

you should be able to stand a 5p piece on it's edge and it shouldn't fall over when it is running.....
it shouldn't matter whether it is bolted down or not.
I had problems when I first got my multicut se because the cast iron table was so heavy that the fact that my workbench was a bit flimsy and is in a wooden shed with a springy wooden floor that it did vibrate quite badly (especially when I bolted it down) , but better now that I have used kitchen units as workbench. My old multicut 1 never vibrated in the shed at all.
fingers crossed for you

Gill

think i'll have to do a little video to see what is classed as acceptable vibration #-o

Does that model have variable speed? if so does it do it at all speeds? I have an Axminster AWFS18 (hegner clone) and never any problems with vibration and mine is mounted on a small kitchen unit with a thick worktop..... not bolted down.
Cheers
Brian
ps just tried the 5p trick and mine passed Gill :cool:

I am the proud owner of the Mulicut1 single speed ( over 20 yrs ) it is mounted on the Hegner stand,and Gill it does still pass the 5p coin test.I am sorry that I cannot help with your problem,there may be someone on the forum with the answer.

Bryan

i've moved it from the bench it originally was on , also i had it screwed down , its now on a smaller bench with no screws and the vibration is less evident

musomaniac":13xc2wwv said:
i've moved it from the bench it originally was on , also i had it screwed down , its now on a smaller bench with no screws and the vibration is less evident

You should barely get any vibration with a Hegner least of all if it is bolted down. If yours vibrates you should examine it for loose or worn parts. :)

Back