Very impressed with Axminster customer service

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YouSpinMeRightRound

Established Member
Reaction score
I've had a very positive experience with Axminster, thought I'd share:

I ordered (among other things) a new scroll saw a few weeks ago. Thanks to B&Q messing me around with the timber, I wasn't able to get workbenches built, so my lovely new tools were left sitting in the boxes. Last Thursday comes, benches are built and I finally unbox everything, only to find that the arm of the scroll saw is broken. I was pretty worried, since the Axminster invoices very clearly say that they'll reject any claims for damages unless they come within 5 days of delivery.

I contacted Axminster, and they were polite, apologetic, and efficient at organising a replacement and collection of the broken saw. No attempts to wriggle out of their obligations (like I had feared/expected). My first email to them was on Thursday evening and on Tuesday morning (after a bank holiday weekend) I had my replacement.

I've bought from Axminster before, but this experience makes me inclined to use them more.

Love Axminster and they do like to look after their customers, what scrollsaw did you get? I have one of their own brand (Hegner clone) and love it, I always use Pegas blades on mine.
Cheers
Brian

Back