Vents for timber summer room?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pike

Established Member
Reaction score
When I rebuilt our extension/summerhouse a few years ago I made the mistake of not fitting any opening windows. We have full length and not many places to add anything else.

I really need to get some more air ventilation into the room and am over thinking it so was hoping for a few suggestions.

I have one half section of the end wall which is oak strips cladding externally, then framing and insulation then ply inside. In all its probably about 100mm thick.

I don't want to add another window ideally as it would look out of place. Can anyone suggest what sort of vent (interior and exterior) I'll need and presumably some sort of ducting too to keep the route open through the loose insulation?

I've seen core drill vent kits but they aren't very big and don't come with adjustable interior vents so we can shut it off on very cold nights.

I could also add trickle vents to the doors but there's already gaps around them and it's still way to hot in there.

Cheers!
Carl.

Back