Veneering question

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Manny

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I'm going to try and repair some damaged teak veneer on curved (bull nosed) table legs and need some advice

veneer.jpg

I will cut out the damaged veneer and attempt to steam and bend the new veneer around the shape (see above) the grain bends around the curve but the new veneer is thinner than the old so I guess I'll have to laminate it.

Any suggestions re holding/clamping the veneer down, do I need to use animal glue or is there an easier alternative, would veneer tape be useful for holding it down at the join?

Its been many years since I've done any veneering and that was simple stuff.

Thanks

John

A vacuum bag seems the only way, unless you have the intention of making an incredibly accurate caul

Aidan

I think I would try to keep it simple, and use masking tape. I have used it for your application with good results, be careful when you peel it off though. I would use pva or cascamite/whatever its called now.

mtr1":2sz8iokv said:
I think I would try to keep it simple, and use masking tape. I have used it for your application with good results, be careful when you peel it off though.

+1

JH

Back