Veneered Ply Supplier

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbartlett99

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

After a two year hiatus from wood butchery - been abroad - I've got a little time so thought I'd knock the rubbish out of my 1980s kitchen.

All is good but I really need help finding veneered ply to form the panels for the shaker type doors. I was thinking of maple, perhaps curly with solid cherry stiles. Anyone know of somewhere I can get any?

Don't really want to get into veneering right now - enough on already.

Cheers.

Droogs":18ms5u97 said:

Not sure of your experience with them, but I found them expensive with general pricing and delivery. They were also slow to respond on quotes.

I find Hanson plywood to be very good - the quality of their Oak veneer plywood is excellent and they have a wide range of stuff.

For the benefit of people coming after me the few responses show how few suppliers there are. But I did have some success;

1 Eden Anglo French supply a huge range of veneers - but they don't do veneered panels
2 Reed Veneers in Essex will make panels up - single sheet ply/mdf etc and while its not cheap if you had a special project its not insane either. £230 for 8 x 4 mrmdf sheet veneered both sides with birds eye maple.

mbartlett99":1lq0a5zh said:
For the benefit of people coming after me the few responses show how few suppliers there are. But I did have some success;

1 Eden Anglo French supply a huge range of veneers - but they don't do veneered panels
2 Reed Veneers in Essex will make panels up - single sheet ply/mdf etc and while its not cheap if you had a special project its not insane either. £230 for 8 x 4 mrmdf sheet veneered both sides with birds eye maple.
There are probably a lot more than you think there are. Pretty much any timber place will do at least a basic Oak veneer. Past that there are plenty...

SL Hardwoods
Lathams (as mentioned)
Howarth Timber (Northern chain)
Yorkshire Timber
Hanson
Chiltern
Laver

Amongst many more...

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

It's worth having a look at Chiltern Timber in Hemel Hempstead, I was there a few weeks back and they had veneered sheet goods, can't remember if it was ply or mdf, It may well have been both. Always worth a rummage through there hardwood offcut bin as well. managed to pick up a couple bits of walnut for not very much. :)

Latest posts

Back