veneered oak mdf help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thank you very much the blade cuts very well......

just a stupid question now.... on the veneered mdf i guess its A&B how do i know witch side is what

one side seems to be darker than the other

normally you can see join lines on the back and tends to be a little darker, the face looks much better and more free flowing.

i had thought u may say that o well i post this pic and see if you can see from that... and the 2 mistakes i made i can use for the bottom part of the boxes that will never get seen anyway if i end up staining never know

so top or bottom one

Attachments

• mdf oak.jpg
    mdf oak.jpg
    181.3 KB · Views: 403
them 2 bits look good both sides.... one is defo darker.... one of the other parts darker u can see a join..... but its hard to tell witch is ment to be good side both look good to me

thanks thats the one i thought from what you said about darker and lighter.....

45cm tall, 25cm deep. 23cm wide
next step gluing the mitre joints there about 25cm wide.... i have biscuit them 2 in each side to make things easier..... 4 sides to the box... i do not have the corner claps
i guess that tape trick may not be good as the mdf veneer is alot wider than i see most people going that on.....

there will be back that goes inside.... and the front goes on the outside... before gluing maybe also good idea to have the back in rather than adding it later?

for the not quite perfect edges i guess there may be odd gap/hole/tear out what would be good ways to fill them... i may stain i have not got around to testing yet. also the corners might be sharp can i still break them with bit sand paper or may that not work as its mitred veneer

Latest posts

Back