Veneer punches.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like its a circle cutter, which you can get for a fiver on eebay and the like. Identical to this one if thats what you think you need.

I've a couple of these simple plastic ones, they do the job and come with about 5 spare blades.
Olfa+CMP-1+Compass+Cutter.jpg

Looks like its a circle cutter, which you can get for a fiver on eebay and the like. Identical to this one if thats what you think you need.

I've a couple of these simple plastic ones, they do the job and come with about 5 spare blades.
View attachment 157066

The problem with these is the user! Because you barely scratch the veneer surface each revolution - and you haven't a fortnight to spare! - you tend to increase the weight on the cutter arm, which makes it wander/bend slightly. Once you've 'broken through' you have a beveled edge - no bad thing in itself, because you can plug/wedge the hole in the veneer from underneath - but unfortunately the bevel is invariably the wrong way, and you end up having to sand to the correct shape!
I managed to get an aluminium version from somewhere - it's 30 years ago, and I can't remember the supplier! - but it didn't solve anything. I came to the conclusion that the blade was too long and flexed too much.
Back to the scalpel point!

Back