Vacuum bag press

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wizer":2z1zm0xx said:
I bought mine 2nd hand on here last year. It's an Elmo Rietschle V-VLT 8 I can never find the spec for it when I search, I think it's a discontinued model. I think it was something like 9m3/h. Means nothing to me. It's been sitting under my bench for the past 6months :oops: :lol:

How much?. 6 Months is a long time.

Thanks guys.
I would make an inverted former so as the piece was upside down in the Bag.
I would like to add a slight curve to the whole piece so it wrapped around the body, bum & legs, very slightly though.

My plan, correct me if I'm wrong. 1" MDF cut into the shape and screwed & glued together to create the Male part of the form, this would then be sanded and smoothed so as to get a good finish, filler if needed.
Apply a Celotex PIR Insulation Board on top of the former, glue up my ply boards, Another sheet of Celotex PIR Insulation Board????, and get it in the bag.

Any recommendations on Ply thickness, 3mm 5mm 8mm there all available?.

This project may be going a little further than just a quick trial. A friend has asked about exterior use and if I could create 6 loungers.
There could be something in this, I was also thinking about an indoor one with a leather cover that would be built onto a slightly narrower base that would then be bolted onto the ply and differentiate between the ply and the leather.

Would love to show some drawings but it's still in the paper folding stage.

Out of the two bag presses, which one?.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/bagpress-pro ... rc=froogle

http://www.airpress.uk.com/frame_set.ht ... resses.htm

Thanks guys

Make sure you take plenty of pics please Patrick! ;)

wizer":2locri9n said:
Make sure you take plenty of pics please Patrick! ;)

I will do, I like to involve the client as much as possible and present them with a book of the making. Starting at the timber in rough, working all the way through to the finished project. Justifies my price when you show a passion.
Got a lot of ideas in the pipe line so patience.

Just saw the Tiny 'yet' at the bottom of your post. Like me, you can't let go of the tools. One day I'll need that again. I'm guessing you have a Quality Street tin of screws like we all do?.

My whole workshop is a quality street tin of tools! :lol: No there are some tools I know I want to keep and the vac pump is one of them. It has so many uses in a workshop. Holding stuff on the bench, holding stuff on the lathe, veneering, forming. Far too useful. Hopefully I'll sort my life out one day and actually do some woodworking.

Good luck with the project. Watching with interest.

Mreagleeyes":nxibysl2 said:
I would like to add a slight curve to the whole piece so it wrapped around the body, bum & legs, very slightly though.

Thanks guys

Patrick

Are you planning on bending the ply in two direction?

My plan, correct me if I'm wrong. 1" MDF cut into the shape and screwed & glued together to create the Male part of the form, this would then be sanded and smoothed so as to get a good finish, filler if needed.
Apply a Celotex PIR Insulation Board on top of the former, glue up my ply boards, Another sheet of Celotex PIR Insulation Board????, and get it in the bag.

If you are planning on making the whole former from MDF I hope you have a strong back. Just make the whole former from Celotex ( cheaper to buy reject or damaged stock)

You will not need the Celotex either side of the ply boards, you just glue them up and put them in the bag with some breather mesh.

Any recommendations on Ply thickness, 3mm 5mm 8mm there all available?.

It all depends on how tight the bends are and the overall thickness needed to give you the required strength.

Are you planning on bending the ply in two direction?

Ever so slightly to give the feel of a curve, the width I have is roughly 700mm and I would not need more than 25mm rise at either end. Does that make sense?.

If you are planning on making the whole former from MDF I hope you have a strong back. Just make the whole former from Celotex ( cheaper to buy reject or damaged stock)

You will not need the Celotex either side of the ply boards, you just glue them up and put them in the bag with some breather mesh.

Strong as an Ox that's been fed. Reference the Celotex, would I just glue and layer this up then do my shaping till I had my desired depth for the Male former?.

Breather mesh being the white material that stops the bag sucking on nothing?.

Your in Watford, the girlfriend is in Radlett may have to come down before I order a shed load of Celotex or MDF.

If you want to bend the plywood in both directions you will need a special plywood (read expensive).

If that is the case you will need a male and a female mould.

Call when ever you like, just give me a bell first.

Latest posts

Back