Using handsaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sawing straight and to the line is one of those great mysteries of being an apprentice. You struggle for months and years, and then apparently without you noticing it becomes almost impossible not to saw down the line. I couldn't tell you how or why it happened, it just did. Created a lot of scrap in the meantime though. Luckily I'm a metal fabricator by trade so no trees were sacrificed in the process.

Oh nearly forgot I'm Gareth a newby, & I have just built a small shed to try and remember how to work with wood, and I hope to create a lot of sawdust and shavings in the process :wink:

Welcome on board Gareth!

It's always handy to have the expertise of another iron tinkler...there are many crossovers!

Got any pictures of your shed?

We love pictures! Well I do anyway. :wink:

Jim

Finally got hold of my 'new' saw. One of the teeth was bent and was catching on the wood, I tried to bend it back but it snapped off(!) Anyway, its sooooooo much better and glides through the wood unlike the other thing I was using. Im even cutting straighter now! :)

Back