Using Festool rail with non festool routers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

punkrockdad

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm in the market for a router and already have the festool rail system.

I was wondering if anybody has used any other routers with the festool system.

A Festool router would be nice but I've blown the budget on insulating the workshop.

I'm looking at a dewalt 626 or 625. I will be installing it in a table and using it for rebate work with the guide system.

I looked into this a while back as I had the Festool MFT and liked the idea of using the guide rail plus router to cut housings. I pored over the Festool catalog and bought up a selection of their router add-ons to see what would work.

The good news is that the spacing of at least one of the Festool accessories fits that on a DW621. You do need to make a pad that raises the router up slightly to take into account the thickness of the guide rail.

The bad news is that it was such a long time ago in the DBR (Days Before Renovation) I'm not sure that I can remember let alone locate said device. Since starting the renovation project on the cottage nearly a year ago, I've not been into my workshop once. :cry:

RogerS":1qfctqx6 said:
Since starting the renovation project on the cottage nearly a year ago, I've not been into my workshop once. :cry:

Oh dear Roger, now you've done it. You do realize, don't you, that there is a Forum Rule about continuity of tenure of workshop (Rule 42, Section 4, Sub-section23 Paragraph 17 IIRC) which clearly states that anyone allowing their workshop to lapse into disuse automatically loses said right of said tenure and that said right of said tenure and all contents of said workshop, formerly owned by said lapser, should be distributed amongst all other members of said Forum.

I'll be along with a van shortly.

S

Back