Using Facebook Marketplace

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RogerS

Established Member
Reaction score
So... taken the plunge and joined as I need access to Marketplace as we're selling a load of gardening stuff such as a load of Agriframe Lock and Link plant supports like this

DSC04301.jpeg

I created a listing and got offered a load of local groups to join which I did. Does this mean that my listing will feature on these groups 'pages' automtically ?

What happens if I join other groups at a later date ? Does my listing automatically appear there also?

TIA

NB Have limited all Profile public visibility stuff as much as possible.

when you post a listing it will give you the option of posting to those groups (or not). I'd recommend you do from my experience as the local groups seem to get more views / buys than just to "general" marketplace. I'm no expert BTW but this approach has worked for me

Wot he said Roger.

You usually have to tick the relevant box for each group. I've sold loads on facebook just watch out for the usual scammers, I nearly responded to one on messenger yesterday until I realised he's in Africa. :D

Get ready for the time wasters!

It seems to be the worst place, and not just my experience!

Facebook Marketplace is both great and awful. The scammers (usually quick responders with ‘is this still available? from some weird FB account) are a total pain but to be able to sell stuff locally for cash at no cost is the perfect way to get rid of stuff like yours.

i have sold stuff on nextdoor.com quite well, also facebook marketplace groups - some groups specifically say NOT for selling items - so be aware of that.
My son has sold a few items on gumtree recently
As mentioned , loads of scammers so be very careful..

It is a very useful tool, if you can put up with the time wasters, you have to keep reminding yourself its free!

Latest posts

Back