Useful for anyone looking to buy a benchtop thicknesser.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone got a view on how good these Metabo thicknessers are?

Metabo DH330 model

I like the idea is planes 330 wide, i.e. it will manage all the 300mm boards I use.

Any good OR is it another one?

Cheers,

Metabo has owned Elektra Beckum for the last 5 or 6 years, and up until recently the DH330 was badged Elektra Beckum, as was most of their table saws, planer/thinknessers, and mitre saws etc, but in the last couple of months their entire range has now been re badged with the Metabo logo, and as far as i can see the Elektra Beckum name has disappeared. Of course someone else may know better.

Anyway IMHO Elektra Beckum and Metabo produce excellent machines and i have no doubt that the DH330 will be just as good.

The one thing i would note is the sellers feedback. 99.7% may seem rather good, but in the last 12 months he has had more than 3 negative customers each month which doesn't sound good. On the other hand it seems that in that time he has sold some 23,000 products.

It is very likely that he is a very good seller, but it pays to look at these things.

Cheers

Mike

Cheers

Hi MikeC

looking around there is not much info on the HC330 Metabo.

Yep,it is a rebadged Elektra-Beckum as you described.

The key factor was that I want to thickness up to 300mm wide boards so factors against price - this was a no brainer.

I hope it will give me satisfactory service/performance in the very new future.

Thanks for advice. I researched the seller and the issues we more customer centric than anything else from what I can see. So....I took the plunge.

Thanks.

Latest posts

Back