Ummm Rutlands again (Sorry)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
unless I get a discount for ordering on line (rare these days) I tend to research on the net then 'phone to check stock before placing the order.

Andy

Gill":15avnh5t said:
Hi DA

We all have thoughts on such subjects as these, and yours seem to be quite deeply thought through. They make for interesting reading.

I'm curious, though - you haven't mentioned what sort of woodworking you are involved in. I'd be interested to know.

Gill

Thanks for the private reply, DA. I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum and we'll find your contributions both entertaining and stimulating.

Gill

Do we all have to ask to be told privately? 'Cos I'm curious too; posts so far are a bit low on actual woodworking content on which to base a guess, although opinion seems in plentiful supply.

Cheers, Alf

From an aesthetic perspective, I've always thought Dorset to be too 'chocolate boxy', Devon to be about right and Cornwall will probably be very nice when its finished.

Cheers

Tim

devonwoody":4avdz9fu said:
Devon is equal to Cornwall with landscape pics :)

Nimbo I trust you have not waited to complete the woodwork job.

Aah! Berryhead, you don't need gps when you get near Brixham on a boat, just count the chip wrappers floating by. God was only practicing when he made Devon and he ran out of ideas. :D

Yes the seat is on hold curtesy of Rutlands.

Well done your lordship, BerryHead, you know your Devon coastline then.

When I was a younger man and boating I thought they needed traffic lights at that point the number of boats going round that headland.

Thanks for the reminder Alf, I might have to rename some of my files in future :oops:

Is it possible for a whiz kid with that file knowlege and able to get in to a computer can then start to negotiate around the files in your computer?

devonwoody":1t40b65t said:
Thanks for the reminder Alf, I might have to rename some of my files in future :oops:

Is it possible for a whiz kid with that file knowlege and able to get in to a computer can then start to negotiate around the files in your computer?
Nope I didn't cheat, I've snorkeled very near the rock in the foreground, found the biggest crab I ever caught, it was over 10lbs it's claws were bigger than my hands honestly. :) I nearly drowned that day as I said I was snorkeling (spear fishing) and spotted the crab down at about 25ft, I got down to it and as I grabbed it I spotted another just below it, greedy me tried to get that one as well but I couldn't release it from the gap in the rock. At that point I went to take a breath of air :? totally forgetting I was snorkeling and didn't have any tanks on. With a mouthful of water I hit the surface like an excited whale still with the 10lb crab tucked under one arm that was busily destroying my speargun by crunching the alloy tube beyond recognition. :shock:

Well your lordship, we got the one you dropped it was as big as a dustbin lid.
We also didn't have a pot big enough to cook him in so I took the crab not the rubbish to a restaurant and asked them to cook in one of there large containers, and guess what , it was practically empty (thats what they told me anyway) it was all shell and hardly any meat.

devonwoody":1rurzph1 said:
Well your lordship, we got the one you dropped it was as big as a dustbin lid.
We also didn't have a pot big enough to cook him in so I took the crab not the rubbish to a restaurant and asked them to cook in one of there large containers, and guess what , it was practically empty (thats what they told me anyway) it was all shell and hardly any meat.

(rubbish corrected) :)
Yes I,ve heard of crabs not having much meat in before, we cooked the one I mentioned in a five gallon oil drum with the top cut off, mine was full of meat infact it over filled a four pint casserole dish :D

I ordered some Dakota pocket hole screws in mid Jan. I received a phone call from Rutlands advising that the delivery would be the end of March followed up by a letter confirming this. Having read the previous posts I'm anticipating another letter promising April :cry: :cry:

The dowel pin plate has just turned up from Rutlands. It took 10 days :evil: not very good is it.

Oh well roll on end of April, mind you I wont hold my breath. :cry:

Back